Monday, July 11, 2011

Pumpkin Seed Milk: Wowee!

Hazelnuts, move over and make room for the latest and greatest: Pumpkin seed milk! I was skeptical when I made my first batch. But it turned out so well! The milk has none of the grainy-ness that nut milks typically have. And since I don't like to strain out the pulp, this is a fantastic discovery. Pumpkin seed milk is suuuuuuuper smoooooooth :)

Here is the approximate recipe and procedure to make 1 quart:


  1. Soak 1/2 cup of raw pumpkin seeds overnight
  2. Place the soaked seeds in the blender with about 2 cups of ice water
  3. Add about 4 or 5 medjool dates
  4. Add 1/2 of a vanilla bean
  5. Blend on high for about 1 minute
  6. Add 2 more cups of water
  7. Taste and adjust sweetness or thickness

I made another batch using a combination of pumpkin and sunflower seeds. This is a great way to mix up the routine and get a wider array
of nutrients. I'm not abandoning the Hazelnuts altogether, but it was time to rotate them out for a while.

1 comment:

Brian P. McCarthy said...

Great idea. I will have to try it.
You are a great photographer.