Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hire a maid... or use this homemade multipurpose cleaner for your spring cleaning

If you're like me, you would much rather have someone else do the cleaning. Even though I am responsible for fewer than 800 square feet, keeping it clean sometimes seems like a vain pursuit; it always needs to be cleaned again by next weekend!

I'm not yet willing to hire a maid to take care of my messes, but I am willing to whip up my own multipurpose cleaner. This can be very handy if you find yourself in the middle of spring cleaning and your trusty Trader Joe's Next To Godliness cleaner is down to the last drop. Don't fret. You probably already have all the ingredients in your house already... including that empty spray bottle.

I took this out of a Housekeeping magazine :)


Multipurpose Cleaner:

  • 1.5 tsp castile soap
  • 3 tsp white vinegar
  • 4 C water

Just shake it up in the bottle and go! Judging by the way my counter tops and floors sparkle, this stuff works. Additionally, it's completely safe for you and the environment!

No comments: