Had an amazing workout at the gym this morning, and I want to share with you my latest post-workout drink. I'm loving it!
It contains only three ingredients:
- 1-2 C Hazelnut milk
- 1 scoop Sunwarrior Protein powder
- 2 T Carob
Hazelnut milk is also easy to prepare. You just need to plan ahead about 8 hours to allow the nuts to sprout.
Needed ingredients for 1/2 gallon of milk:
- 1 C Hazelnuts
- 1/2 C Brazil nuts
- 6 large medjool dates
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- First, I soak the nuts in water for at least 8 hours. This allows the nut to sprout, making its nutrients bioavailable.
- Second, I drain the soaked nuts and put them in my Vitamix blender with the dates and vanilla bean and about 2 cups of water.
I blend on high until the nuts are reduced to an extremely fine texture. They should be basically liquified.
- Third, I add more cold water to make 1/2 gallon in total.
- Lastly, I taste it. Mmmmm... yummy.
The reason I like the Sunwarrior protein is because it contains one amazing ingredient: Brown Rice Protein (Biofermented Raw Sprouted Whole Grain Brown Rice Protein). Talk about amazing. No fillers, extra junk, or dubious ingredients. It has a complete amino acid profile and is gluten free. If you have allergic reactions to most other protein powders, I encourage you to sample this one. Chances are, you will not react badly. I prefer the natural flavor because then I can tailor it to be chocolate, vanilla, or whatever.
This shake is just enough to recharge me right after a whirlwind session of weight training and intervals on the stairmaster.