My search for a raw beet salad recipe was inspired by the mother of my two piano students. We held a small recital the beginning of January complete with piano music and delicious food. Her beet salad was fantastic. I didn't ask for the recipe, but found this one on my own. I love beets and am always looking for a new way to eat them. I plan to make the beet salad again this week for a daily lunchtime appetizer. Perhaps you should too...
Raw Beet Salad
- 3 beets
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon minced chives, mint, or parsley (or a combination)
- Salt to taste
- Leaves of 1 romaine heart
2. Combine the orange juice, lemon juice and olive oil. Toss with the beets and herbs. Season to taste with salt. Line a salad bowl or platter with romaine lettuce leaves, top with the grated beets and serve.
See the original recipe here.