Saturday, January 29, 2011

Raw Beet Salad



My search for a raw beet salad recipe was inspired by the mother of my two piano students. We held a small recital the beginning of January complete with piano music and delicious food. Her beet salad was fantastic. I didn't ask for the recipe, but found this one on my own. I love beets and am always looking for a new way to eat them. I plan to make the beet salad again this week for a daily lunchtime appetizer. Perhaps you should too...

Raw Beet Salad
  • 3 beets
  • 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
  • 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 tablespoon minced chives, mint, or parsley (or a combination)
  • Salt to taste
  • Leaves of 1 romaine heart
1. Wash the beets and grate them in a food processor fitted with the shredding blade.

2. Combine the orange juice, lemon juice and olive oil. Toss with the beets and herbs. Season to taste with salt. Line a salad bowl or platter with romaine lettuce leaves, top with the grated beets and serve.

See the original recipe here.

1 comment:

RicardoATB said...

Hi!

I've just bought the book "Vegan Bodybuilding and Fitness - Robert Cheeke" and I decided to come here to see your blog (as you appear in several photos in it). I liked it very much and I'll bookmark your site to see it frequently. Keep up the good work!

Hugs from Brazil
Ricardo