Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Raw, Vegan "Egg nog"


Have the twinkling Christmas lights got you in the mood for a holiday beverage? Try this raw, vegan version of egg nog. It's thick and creamy with a touch of spice.


Step 1 - Make a thick almond milk.

I used Almonds, Sesame seeds, & Brazil nuts.
1 cup nuts to 3 cups water plus 5 dates
Blend well and strain the pulp if you like. I prefer to keep the pulp in there.


Step 2 - Blend the following ingredients:
  • 1 batch of Almond milk
  • 2 bananas
  • 1 vanilla bean
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp ginger

The spice measurements are approximate. I just kept adding spice until I was satisfied. Also, the drink tastes better if it has time to sit overnight.

This recipe was adapted from Raw Glow.

I hope you enjoy it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds good. Maybe I can talk someone into making me some when I come visit. I tried the pomegranate smoothie. Yum, tasty.